1. ALZO Pan-L-Lite
are constructed of all Aluminum and are more durable.
KINO-FLO DIVA lights are mostly plastic and less durable.
2. ALZO Pan-L-Lite are constructed in a manner that reduces the product
profile when collapsed. This allows for very compact storage of ALZO Pan-L-Lite
kits. A 4 light ALZO Pan-L-Lite kit can fit in a small transport case. This is
one of the primary reasons why UCLA selected ALZO over KINO. UCLA wanted a
multi-light kit that would fit into the trunk of a compact car.
KINO-FLO DIVA lights do not compact well and a multi light DIVA kit requires
several large transport cases.
3. ALZO Pan-L-Lite are constructed with 4 barndoors and therefore they have
better light spill control
KINO-FLO DIVA lights have only 2 barndoors.
4. ALZO Pan-L-Lite are constructed with linear slide dimmers with 1-10
intensity markings. This allows for recording intensity settings for accurate re-lighting in
multi-light sets. This is one of the primary reasons why UCLA selected ALZO over
KINO-FLO DIVA lights have a single rotary dimmer without intensity markings.
5. ALZO Pan-L-Lite QUAD lights include 2 individual intensity controls. This
allows the light to be loaded with 2-5600K and 2-3200K color temperature bulbs,
and this allows for the light to provide color temperature adjustment.
KINO-FLO DIVA lights have a single dimmer for all 4 bulbs and can not be
for color temperature adjustability.
6. ALZO Pan-L-Lites incorporate flat black aluminum honeycomb filters for
improved light "hardening".
KINO-FLO sells accessory shiny plastic honeycomb filters. The reflective coating
on the KINO honeycomb reduces the effectiveness of the honeycomb for light
7. ALZO Pan-L-Lites are sold complete with all accessories and light bulbs and
cost a fraction of equivalent KINO-FLO lights.